fire spread: The 3 1/2-year-old-boy, his mother and another child were able to flee their first-floor apartment, according to CTV. But they left the apartment door open behind them, and it acted like a chimney that drew smoke and flames into a stairwell. A dozen people died and four others were fighting for their lives a day after the flames broke out in the century-old building near the Bronx Zoo. From there, the fire spread throughout the five-story building, authorities said. At least 20 people scrambled out via fire escapes on a bitterly cold night, but others could not. The city housing department said investigators would look into why the door did not close automatically, though Mayor Bill de Blasio said there was nothing problematic about the building that contributed to this tragedy. (www.immigrantscanada.com). As reported in the news.
Immigrants Canada is an independent service managed by genuine immigrants themselves. It is not associated or affiliated with any business interest, government/non-gov organization, funded outfit, grants, group, mission etc... Just our powerful friends!
The content, information, trademarks and multimedia posted on this blog copyrights to their original owners and herein blogged in good faith for the purpose of commentary, speech, opinion and debate.