immigrantscanada.com

Independent topical source of current affairs, opinion and issues, featuring stories making news in Canada from immigrants, newcomers, minorities & ethnic communities' point of view and interests.

Security Official: Minister Thomas and Wine Bar

security official: The Islamic State group claimed responsibility, according to CTV. It was the fourth attack to shake Germany in a week -- three of them carried out by recent migrants. He was turned away and blew himself up outside a wine bar instead, injuring 15 people, authorities said Monday. The 27-year-old, whom authorities have not identified, set off a backpack laden with explosives and shrapnel Sunday night after being refused entry to the nearby festival in the Bavarian city of Ansbach because he didn't have a ticket. Germany top security official, Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere, had said it was too early to rule out terrorism as a motive, but noted that the suspect had twice attempted suicide and had been receiving psychological care. "Or it could be a combination of both," de Maiziere said. Bavarian authorities said a video found on the Ansbach bomber phone showed him pledging allegiance to the Islamic State. (www.immigrantscanada.com). As reported in the news.