"Just like that, I came down," Dimion, 40, of Toronto says of the accident, which occurred six months ago. "I'm turning over because oil slipped on me and on the floor.", according to CBC. Burns in the kitchen happen more often than many people realize, says Leigh Anne Dunlop, a Toronto Emergency Medical Services paramedic and tatiana Dimion was distracted and in a rush to fry meat on her stove. Perched on a stool, she reached up for some paper towels from a top cabinet and tumbled to the floor, taking down the hot pot of oil from the stove with her. Dimion was taken to the hospital, where she spent two weeks being treated for second- and third-degree burns on her upper left arm and forearm. She needed skin grafts to repair the injury. 'Superficial burns shouldn't hurt more than a day or two.' Dr. Marc Jeschke (www.immigrantscanada.com).
in the news.
@t Leigh Anne Dunlop, Dimion www.immigrantscanada.com